Partnerships that add up to success.
The most important theme in the Kohl’s Finance Department is "business partnership." These Associates play a key role in planning and analyzing business trends, providing actionable information and managing expenses. They work hand-in-hand with the rest of Kohl’s corporate departments and our stores to maximize return on investment and improve profitability. Plus, they communicate important financial information to Kohl’s shareholders, Wall Street analysts, the SEC and other regulatory agencies.
And for Kohl’s Associates, the Finance Department is one of the corporate favorites. Why? That’s easy. They manage all Payroll functions!
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Devising and maintaining accounting records
- Maintaining appropriate internal controls
- Facilitating the semi-annual budgeting and strategic planning processes for the company as a whole and for each department business unit
- Monitoring expense budgets in cooperation with each department head
- Identify metrics and measures that increase financial visibility to individual department operations
- Managing the treasury functions and developing financing strategies to support rapid expansion plans
- Leading profit improvement initiatives and cost management projects
- Providing partnership for system enhancements
- Overseeing operational accounting functions including: Accounts Payable, Payroll and Cash & Sales Audit
- Preparing financial reports including the 10K, 10Q, proxy and our annual report
- Maintaining merchandise budgets and control processes in cooperation with the Merchandise Division
- Performing ad hoc analyses in support of key business strategies or trends