Technical Solutions Architect - Oracle Retail Systems
We're looking for Associates who are passionate about providing the technology tools that allow our Customers to Expect Great Things. Whether your passion and skills align with planning, developing or delivering Great Services, we'll expect you to take ownership and drive value to our business. While the stakes and standards are high, we have the flexibility to solve challenges in new and creative ways. Our focus as an organization is to work with our business partners, enterprise wide, to provide innovative solutions that deliver a better shopping experience to our customers.
Are you passionate about enabling great business results through technology? Do you want to work in an environment where your leadership and analytical skills are challenged everyday to reach the next level?
This position is responsible for shaping business needs into technology solutions which deliver business value and are aligned with broader enterprise architecture strategies. Within their business domain, this position provides insight into emerging technology and provides direction in the incorporation of new technology into the multi-year strategic plan.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES provides domain-specific technical leadership and ensures alignment with enterprise architectural strategies
- Where necessary, is involved with in-depth assessments to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the business solution.
- Translates business domain roadmap into a technology roadmap that is in alignment with the broader enterprise architecture roadmap.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the technology used in the domain to address application integration and infrastructure framework related questions.
- Work with vendors to understand emerging technologies, technical roadmaps, and how it applies to Kohl's environment.
- Partner with Service Planning organization to provide technical direction during project initiation.
Ensures solutions developed within their domain have been properly implemented in accordance to the agreed upon application architecture
- Guides service development and service delivery teams on the implementation of architecture related strategies, concepts, and tools.
- Partners with resource development managers and service delivery managers to identify technical skills and training required to support new technologies.
- Develops solution alternatives to meet business needs and considers the costs and risks associated with each alternative.
- Candidate has 5-10 years of experience in IT or related field.
- Demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to communicate effectively with various levels of executives.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Extensive technical and architectural leadership experience in the design and development of distributed object orientated solutions on multiple platforms.
- Experience with multiple platforms.
- Candidate has 5-10 years application development programming experience.
- Self-directed individual who is able to identify and plan the next steps for the execution of an technical or infrastructure architecture strategy.
- Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science (or related field).
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
- Candidate has 3-5 years of systems design and architecture or equivalent consulting experience.
- Experience architecting and implementing large business systems; retail area preferred.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Kohl's IS capabilities.
Back To Job List